Robert O. Hippe
A Nebraska native, Robert Hippe was born and raised on a ranch in the Nebraska Sandhills. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Education from Kearney State College and was a high school teacher in central Nebraska for two years. Then his career in the law began with attendance at the University of Nebraska College of Law, where he graduated with a Juris Doctor degree in 1968.
Robert practiced law in a general practice firm, Lovell, Raymond & Hippe, in Scottsbluff, Nebraska from 1968 for eight years. He was admitted to practice in Nebraska State and Federal Courts, and also admitted to practice in the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. In 1975 he was elected the Scotts Bluff County Attorney, and after being a prosecutor for two years, he was appointed district judge in the Nebraska 12th District. He served as a district judge (a court of general jurisdiction) for 30 years until he retired in 2007. After one and a half years of retirement, he joined the Pahlke Law Group as a staff litigator in January 2009 and became “of counsel” in 2015.
Robert was a founder of the Scottsbluff Senior Citizen’s Center, the Panhandle Legal Services office, Radio station KCMI, Panhandle Mediation Center, Nebraska Child Support Guidelines, and has been an active member of various community service organizations.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
During his legal career Robert served on the Nebraska Dispute Resolution Advisory Council, the advisory board of the Nebraska Judicial College, the Nebraska Supreme Court Automation Advisory Committee, is presently chair of the Supreme Court’s Committee on Practice and Procedure, and is also a member of the Supreme Court’s Advisory Committee to the Nebraska State Bar Association.
Robert has received a number of prestigious awards during his career, including:
- 1999 – The first Distinguished Judge Award for Improvement of the Judiciary
- 2000 – Named Outstanding Legal Educator by the Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- 2002 – Presented the Nebraska State Bar Association George H. Turner Award for recognition of his many contributions to legal education
- 2006 – Received the Nebraska Child Support Enforcement Lifetime Service Award for outstanding commitment to Nebraska’s children
- 2012 – Awarded the Founder Award by the Nebraska Office of Dispute Resolution and Nebraska Mediation Association.
Attorney Robert Hippe and his wife renovated a 114-year-old home into a vacation rental. Read more here.
If you would like to learn how Attorney Robert Hippe can assist with your personal injury case, call The Robert Pahlke Law Group at 308-633-4444.