Injured In a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slips and falls—they seem like minor incidents. Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents can cause substantial injuries—often worse than people expect. Whether you’re struggling to get an insurance company to take you seriously after your slip and fall accident, or you’re struggling with the results of your accident and fighting to get the compensation you deserve, hire a qualified attorney who will work with you to ensure that your case proceeds smoothly.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, contact The Robert Pahlke Law Group today at (308) 633-4444 or write to us online to learn more about how we can help you in the aftermath of your accident.
From product liability cases to slip and fall accidents, The Robert Pahlke Law Group has extensive experience in personal injury cases. In many cases, we’ve obtained million-dollar settlements or more for our clients. Damages recovered depend on the severity of the injuries involved and how they have damaged our clients’ quality of life, as well as other factors. Our attorneys listen carefully to our clients and fight hard for the maximum damages owed to them following their accidents.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents occur when a person slips and falls on ground that they should reasonably assume is safe. The law expects premises—including places where people work, shop or conduct business, or otherwise visit—to provide a reasonable level of care to all guests. Premises that fail to provide proper notification of fall hazards like water, detritus, or holes can bear liability for injuries that occur as a result of slips and falls.
Slip and fall injuries may cause:
- Sprains, strains, and other soft tissue damage
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Head trauma, potentially including traumatic brain damage
Attributing Liability for Slip and Fall Accidents
When your slip and fall accident is caused by factors beyond your control, including the negligence or deliberate act of someone else, the responsible parties may bear liability for damages caused by that accident. Often, this occurs when facilities fail to place appropriate warning signs to notify guests of any potential hazards. Wet floors, detritus that could cause a trip hazard, or dangerous equipment should all place appropriate warning notifications to help protect visitors to that location.
What Damages Can I Recover From Slip and Fall Injuries?
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, you want to collect the damages owed to you for your injuries. They may include:
- Coverage for your medical bills. Your medical bills can add up fast, quickly becoming a substantial expense. Any compensation you receive for your slip and fall accident should pay for those medical bills, including both current medical bills and the reasonable anticipated cost of future medical care for your accident. This may include things like physical therapy, a hospital stay, and other expenses related to your injuries. Compensation for medical bills may also include the need for ongoing care if you experienced significant injury or disability.
- Payment for lost wages. Lost wages can add up fast when you’re off work following a slip and fall accident. When establishing damages, take your lost wages into consideration, allowing you to make up some of the funds that you would have earned had your injury not prevented you from working.
- Pain and suffering. Your pain was unnecessary and wouldn’t have occurred if the place that injured you had taken proper precautions. Compensation for pain and suffering won’t make the pain go away, but it will help you move on with your life.
- Compensation for lost earning potential. Were you permanently injured in your slip and fall accident, or left with a disability that may make completing your normal work difficult in the future? If so, you may be due compensation for those lost wages.
Defenses to Slip and Fall Claims
Unfortunately, many insurance companies and other providers will attempt to deny responsibility and avoid liability for payment, leaving you stuck bearing the full burden of your medical expenses. In some cases, the facility may attempt to deny liability by implying that they took all reasonable precautions to prevent guests from injury. In others, they may attempt to prove that your injuries aren’t as severe you claim, or that your injuries didn’t occur at the time of your slip and fall accident.
Other times, the insurance companies involved with the premises will accept responsibility, but they’ll give you a settlement offer worth significantly less than your full damage amount. As a result, the responsible parties may leave you struggling to pay your medical bills and other expenses.
Don’t give in to these tactics. Call The Robert Pahlke Law Group today.
Get Help Now
Hiring a slip and fall lawyer doesn’t have to cost anything. At The Robert Pahlke Law Group, we provide potential clients with a free consultation that we’ll use to evaluate their slip and fall accidents. In many cases, we take cases on a contingent fee basis, which means that clients don’t pay us up front. Instead, we only collect our fees as a portion of any settlement or judgment we help secure. This allows you to get the legal support you need, whether you’re able to settle out of court or have to engage in a court battle to get the compensation you deserve.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, don’t wait to get the legal help you need. Email The Robert Pahlke Law Group today, or call us at (308) 633-4444 to set up your free consultation and learn more about the legal services we can provide.
“Very Professional and friendly.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!