DID YOU SUFFER BROKEN BONES IN A PREVENTABLE ACCIDENT?
One of the most common types of injuries sustained by victims of negligent accidents is broken bones. Victims can sustain one fracture or numerous fractures in various areas of the body as the result of car accidents, ranch accidents, trucking accidents, and various other negligent accidents.
If you or a family member suffered catastrophic injuries as the victim of someone else’s negligence, a Nebraska personal injury lawyer at our firm can help you seek fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
TYPES OF FRACTURES
There are four main categories of bone fractures. Displaced fractures occur when the bone breaks into two or more pieces and is displaced, which keeps the ends of the pieces from lining up correctly. Non-displaced fractures involve two or more partial or complete breaks in the bone, but the pieces stay in correct alignment. Open fractures occur when the end of the fractured bone breaks through the surface of the skin. A closed fracture involves a broken bone that does not break through the surface of the skin.
In addition to the categories of fractures, there are also a number of different types of breaks, including:
- Simple Fracture: the bone sustains a single break
- Comminuted Fracture: the bone breaks in at least two places, which leaves the bone in three or more pieces
- Impacted Fracture: the bone is broken into pieces and the end of one fragment is forcibly pushed into the end of another fragment
- Stress Fracture: repeated stress to the area causes a crack that does not go all the way through the bone
- Greenstick Fracture: most commonly sustained by children, occurs when the bone is bent, causing an incomplete break
COMPENSATION FOR BROKEN BONES IN NEBRASKA
If your injuries were caused by the careless or reckless actions of another person, they may be liable for your suffering and financial losses. Our experienced team at The Robert Pahlke Law Group can investigate the circumstances that led to your accident to determine liability and assist you in creating a comprehensive claim that seeks maximum compensation for your injuries. We have served the people of Nebraska in personal injury claims and lawsuits for more than 30 years, and we would be proud to advocate for you and your family. Contact us today to discuss your accident and available options with a member of our proven legal team.
Call The Robert Pahlke Law Group at 308-633-4444.